National Junior Golf Association Internship Program
An internship marks a huge stepping stone between college and a career that gives you the opportunities to get hands-on experience in the profession you are passionate about while networking and making connections that will last a lifetime.
NJGA takes pride in offering an internship that is unforgettable. Our interns get the unique opportunity to learn exactly what it takes to operate golf tournaments through active involvement in all aspects of tournament operations, from course setup to course breakdown, under the direct supervision of the NJGA staff members.
This internship requires extensive travel, across the United States. North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas. When interns are not traveling they will be provided business operation training in the office, working closely with the NJGA staff members.
Normal business operation hours are 8am-6:00 pm and some weekend hours. Interns will receive up to two days of free time per week.
You will get operations to experience with:
- Pre and Post-Press Releases
- Constant Website Updates
- Sales and Marketing of Tour and Upcoming/Past Tournaments
- Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Hotel relations and course scheduling
- Tour Promotions
- Create Weekly tournament videos uploaded to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Tournament Set up
- Marking of Golf Course
- Tee and Hole Locations
- Scoreboard Set-Up
- Utility Set-Up
- Starting and Scoring of Players
- On Course Rules Officiating
- The pace of Play Management
- Live Scoring
- Live Streaming on Facebook and Instagram
Benefits of Interning with the NJGA:
- Employee discounts on major golf equipment and apparel (Generally 35-75% off retail)
- Hands on experience in learning tournament operations, marketing, and video productions.
- Recommendation letters
- Free golf each week on the road at tournament courses
- Networking events
- This internship is unpaid, although NJGA will cover most travel expenses
- Hotel Accommodation
- Van transportation to and from tournaments
- Meals while traveling to and from tournaments
- Traveling the United States
Ready to Join the NJGA
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with contact information and we will be in touch with you in 1-3 days.